Sunday, May 24, 2009

Jake Peavy a Pothead?



Jake Peavy to the New York Mets? The Cubs? The Brewers? The Potheads?

Moldy Cheese has learned that the San Diego Padres’ front office is apparently so upset at the pitcher’s veto of the trade that would have sent him to the Chicago White Sox this week that they are considering sending him to their class A affiliate in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The Fort Wayne Tincaps, known locally as the Potheads, have a record of 27- 15 and are 1.5 games out of first place in the Mid East division. Peavy began his career with the team before being promoted in their system.

“I’d really rather not be a Pothead,” Peavy said when asked about the rumor. “I was a Pothead when I was young, although I was kind of lazy back then. I’m happy where I am and just want to help the San Diego Padres. However, if the team feels the need to make me a Pothead just to punish me that’s their prerogative.” Fans of the Potheads, however, would welcome his return. ”Once a Pothead, always a Pothead,” said stadium usher Richard Burkett.

San Diego GM Kevin Towers had no comment on the rumor except to say, “There are worse things in the world than being a Pothead.” Regardless of whether or not Peavy joins the team, the Potheads are Moldy Cheese’s new favorite team and we will be following them throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment